ind energy is a renewable energy source whose utilization is widely known throughout the world. Utilization of Wind Energy as a producer of electricityusing wind turbines (wind turbine) developed since the 1900s.
Indonesia has sufficient wind energy potential to be developed into a wind power plant (PLTB). Based on data and satellite analysis of wind energy resources found in Indonesia, the speed is at a speed of 3-9 m / s, while the results of direct measurement of wind speed to be developed into a Wind Power Plant (PLTB) find wind speeds varying to above 8m / sec.
Official figures from the government on the National Energy General Plan (RUEN) and the Road Map for Wind Energy Development mention that the potential for wind energy in Indonesia is 60 GW measured at an altitude of 50 m for wind speeds of 4m / sec and above and 15 GW measured at an altitude of 50 m for wind speeds of 6m / second and above
Some recent developments in the development of PLTB in Indonesia, namely;
- Indonesia inaugurated the first wind farm in July 2018, now there are 2 PLTB in Indonesia, one has been operating for 1 year with CF above 30%, another COD will soon.
- In the General Plan for Electricity Supply (RUPTL) 2019 - 2028, there are more than 20 PLTB projects with a total capacity of more than 800 MW spread throughout Indonesia. Whereas the national Wind Energy Road Map identifies a total of 1.5 GW projects and PLTB project plans.
- The National Energy General Plan (RUEN) and the Wind Energy Development Road Map are stated to be harnessing the potential of wind with a target PLTB of 1.8 GW by 2025.
- The development of Wind Turbine technology is not only on increasing the capacity of turbine units which has now reached> 10 MW / turbine but also the development of Wind Turbines for low-speed wind areas. "Low Wind Speed Turbine" technology will encourage the utilization of wind energy into electricity in Indonesia.
- Significant decrease in the price of technology or global wind turbines, making it possible to develop private nuclear power plants at prices that can compete with fossil energy and can be accepted by off takers (PLN).
Wind Farm projects and planning projects can be seen in the following table;